Would you like to learn, develop your skills and abilities and take the first steps toward participating in an employment assistance program? The Action program provides support and customized objectives so that you can learn at your own pace.
Action provides learning opportunities through:
- a variety of activities that you carry out at non-profit organizations, focusing on:
- developing self-awareness
- knowing your rights
- recognizing stress and learning how to cope
- carrying out certain tasks in a learning environment
- activities focusing on expanding basic knowledge, such as:
- using a computer, etc.
Who is this program designed for?
This program is for social assistance recipients.
Contact your local employment centre (CLE).
Participants in the Action program may be entitled to:
- a $130 monthly allowance in addition to their basic social assistance benefit
- reimbursement of their transportation and childcare expenses
20 hours a week, with a possibility of gradual labour market integration.