Québec Pluriel is a mentoring program. It helps young members of cultural communities and visible minority groups find work.
Advantages of participating in Québec Pluriel
If you participate in Québec Pluriel, you will receive:
- the support of a mentor
- career counselling
- the opportunity to network
- the opportunity take part in workshops on job hunting, socio-professional training and familiarization with Québec workplace realities and values
Who is the program designed for?
To be eligible for the Québec Pluriel program, you must:
- be between the ages of 16 and 35
- be a member of a cultural community or visible minority group
- be encountering difficulties in finding and keeping a job
You must also meet at least one of the following conditions:
- be a Canadian citizen
- have permanent resident status
Participating in Québec Pluriel
You will participate in Québec Pluriel for 12 weeks or more.
Québec Pluriel offers the possibility of being supported by a mentor, who will meet with you or call you about once a week to share:
- his/her knowledge of the Québec labour market and society
- his/her career path
- his/her love of a trade or occupation
Who can become a mentor?
Adults of any age and origin who have been in the Québec labour market for at least 5 years.
The mentor's job is to help you:
- think about how you could join the labour market
- develop an enriching relationship centred around seeking, finding and keeping a job
Face-to-face meetings are preferred in the mentoring process.
Contact your local employment centre (CLE), or an organizations that offers the Québec Pluriel program (see below).