If you're under age 18 and are at least 20 weeks pregnant, the Pregnant Minor Financial Assistance Program can provide monthly financial assistance until your child is born.
Who is this program designed for?
To be eligible for this program, you must meet a number of conditions, including the following:
- be referred by a local community service centre (CLSC);
- not be living with:
- your parents or someone who has custody of you under a court order
- someone who is responsible for you pursuant to a sponsorship agreement, if you are an immigrant
- have less than $1,500 in liquid assets
Find your centre local de services communautaires (CLSC) (French only).
How much is the financial assistance?
The amount granted is:
- a maximum of $822 a month
- $205 per month if you live in accommodations managed by a non-profit organization that provides you with room and board. The organization must NOT be a rehabilitation centre, a group home run by a youth centre or a foster family
Your assistance may be reduced if you receive other types of income during your pregnancy.
Ask the person responsible for your file at your CLSC to sign the CLSC follow-up sheet, and take it to your local employment centre (CLE).