Are you temporarily unemployed? Are certain obstacles preventing you from finding employment? Do you want to change jobs? Depending on your situation, our local employment centres (CLEs), located across Québec, can offer you:
- help and tools to facilitate all of the steps in your job search (check out our multiservice rooms)
- customized employment-assistance services to help you enter the labour market (if required and with an appointment)
Do you want to find out about the labour market? Are you looking for somewhere to prepare your résumé? Each CLE has a multiservice room accessible to people who want to enter or re-enter the labour market. You can meet with an employment-assistance officer, ask questions, find out how to use the tools available in the multiservice room, consult documents and search for a job.
Resources available in our multiservice rooms
- Our online labour market information service, IMT en ligne, provides reliable, up-to-date information about employment duties, wages and job prospects for over 500 trades and occupations, and highlights occupations currently in demand in each region of Québec. It also provides lists businesses to help you identify potential employers, and describes the training and skills you need to carry out a given trade or occupation.
- The Online Placement service allows you to consult job offers that match your profile, publish your candidacy and submit online job applications along with your résumé. You can also ask to receive email notifications of job offers that meet your criteria.
- Reference material on topics such as trades and occupations in demand, skills sought by employers, changes in employment in various sectors of the economy, and hiring conditions in your region and across Québec.
- Telephones, fax machines, computers, printers and photocopiers, to help you contact potential employers, prepare your résumé and cover letters, and browse the Web free-of-charge in order to find employment (by consulting job-offer sites, etc.).
- Bulletin boards with information on job openings, information workshops, upgrade courses, services available in your neighbourhood or region, etc.
- Display units with brochures and folders on topics such as employment-assistance services and last-resort financial assistance programs.
Our multiservice room computers are in high demand. Ask the personnel at your CLE about the best time to access a computer.
Customized job-search services
Our employees are there to help you overcome the obstacles that prevent you from entering the labour market.
Have your job-search efforts been unsuccessful?
You may be invited to make an appointment to discuss the employment-assistance services available to you, if:
- you have trouble reading, writing and carrying out basic calculations
- you have been out of the labour market for a long time
- you are unable to identify your strengths and areas you need to improve
- you do not know how to behave at a job interview
- your background has a negative impact on your job integration
- you need general or vocational training to learn a new trade, improve your skills or adapt to new technologies
- you are interested in self-employment but need advice
If appropriate, we will help you decide on the steps to take to find employment and propose a customized action plan that allows you to:
- meet your needs and develop your potential
- make the right career choice
- enrol in training
- find a job
- enter and remain in the labour market